Jenison and Hudsonville Public Schools
Meal Charge Procedure
The Food Service Department recognizes that there may be occasions when a deposit is forgotten.
As a courtesy to families, the following procedures are in effect.
• Payment for school meals is expected at the time of purchase.
• Parents/guardians are encouraged to monitor their students’ account online and keep an adequate amount of funds in the account.
• You may monitor account activity and/or deposit money online at www.sendmoneytoschool.com
• Cash or checks are always accepted at school.
• Free/Reduced Meals are available for families with financial difficulties. Apply online at www.lunchapp.com or request an application from your school.
• Students may charge two (2) lunches if the account balance falls below $0.00.
• Your child will still receive meals while we send home Friday and Monday notices.
• Paper notices (first notice on Friday, 2nd notice on Monday) are sent home requesting a deposit without delay.
• Automatic low balance and negative balance emails will be sent home Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
• If a negative balance of $5.00 or more remains on the account one (1) week after the 2nd notice, a letter will be sent via US mail with a Free & Reduced Application.
• A la carte items, including milk, cannot be charged when a negative balance exists.
• Students may charge two (2) lunches if an account balance falls below $0.00.
• Students will be notified in line by the cashier when their account balance falls below $0.00.
• Automatic low balance and negative balance emails will be sent home Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.
• After 2 charges, students must get approval from the school office to purchase lunch.
• If a negative balance of $6.50 or more remains on the account after one (1) week, a letter may be sent via US mail with a Free & Reduced Application.
• A la carte items cannot be charged when a negative balance exists.
• Adults are not permitted to charge meals or a la carte items.
• Accounts can be created online to pay for meals at www.sendmoneytoschool.com , and we also accept cash or check at school.
All Students and Staff
• All meal charges MUST be paid off by the end of the school year. Any unpaid charges will be carried forward to the next school year and count towards the ability to charge.
• Money remaining in an account will be carried forward to the next year.