Summer Meal Service: Meet Up & Eat Up Free to Children aged 0 to 18
Jenison ECC: Menu
- June 7-30: Monday through Friday Breakfast: 7:30am-8:30am Lunch: 11:30am-12:30pm
- July 3-7: No Service
- July 10-August 11 Breakfast: 8:00am-8:30am Lunch: 12:00pm-12:30pm
Bursley Elementary: Menu
- June 12-29, Monday through Thursday: Lunch served: 12:00pm-12:30pm
- July 3-7: No Service
- July 10-August 10, Monday through Thursday Lunch served: 12:00pm-12:30pm
Changing How Low-Balance Emails Work JENISON FAMILY PORTAL HUDSONVILLE FAMILY PORTAL
Food Service uses a system called Meal Magic that runs our lunch accounts. Meal Magic has a one-stop website called Family Portal where parents can apply for Free/Reduced Meals, deposit funds into their students' meal accounts, monitor spending, and put any account restrictions in place. Now, all low-balance emails to parents will come from Family Portal. Once logged into Family Portal, click the Notifications button, check the box to indicate that you want to receive low-balance reminders, and set a dollar amount indicating when to send notices. If a parent previously opted out of all email, they will need to uncheck that box to access the low-balance email settings. There are on-screen instructions to guide you.
When a student's balance is at or below the amount the parent selected, an email will be sent. Parents will only receive one request every three days for a given student. Low-balance emails are handled per Family Portal account. If multiple people have access to a student, each person has its own control over how low-balances work for them.
2022-23 School Year General Information
Breakfast service starts on the first day of school.
Meal Prices, Students
- Breakfast $1.25 Elementary & $1.50 Secondary
- Lunch: $2.50 Elementary & $3.00 Secondary
Meal Prices, Adults
- Breakfast $2.00 Elementary & $2.25 Secondary
- Lunch: $4.00 Elementary & $4.50 Secondary
Depositing Money: Cash or checks always accepted at school at no cost. Online deposits (FamilyPortal.cloud) will require a small fee but funds can come from Debit/Checking Accounts or Credit Cards.
- Meals will NOT BE FREE for the 2022-23 school year.
- Parents can apply for Free/Reduced Meals online at JENISON FAMILY PORTAL HUDSONVILLE FAMILY PORTAL
- Food Service will provide approximately 50 paper copies of the application for each school. PDFs of the Free/Reduced App are on the JPS District Document Drive.
- Families that qualify for Reduced-Price Meal Benefits will receive all meals for FREE. We are eliminating the 30 cent charge for breakfast and the 40 cent charge for lunch.
- The benefit is for the WHOLE MEAL. Milk only is NOT FREE. The cost is 50 cents per carton.
- Nutrislice is our go-to online Menu! We will also still provide approximately 100 copies of lunch menus for school use.
Family Portal : JENISON FAMILY PORTAL HUDSONVILLE FAMILY PORTAL
- One-stop place to fill out F/R app, monitor accounts, and deposit online (if desired)
- Families will have to register for a new account. SendMoneyToSchool.com and LunchApp.com have been retired.
- All balances in meal accounts rolled over from last school year.
- You can use the “Guest” setting if you prefer, but it will not create a permanent parent login/password.
- Parents will need their student’s 5-digit school ID number
- Check out the Parent Guide for Family Portal
Special Diet Requests
- A Doctor’s note with the medical allergy/intolerance is required for any menu substitutions.
- Nutrislice will indicate known allergens in our menu items.
More information on how the supply chain issues affect school meals: Supply Chain Issues and School Meals
We feature Nutrislice!!
What is Nutrislice?
Nutrislice is a menu platform that offers daily menus with nutritional information that lets students, parents, school staff access our school menus with an easy app or at the click of a mouse.
Nutrislice helps us be more transparent and provide better information about the foods we serve.
Nutrislice publishes menus to an interactive website, a smartphone app (‘School Lunch by Nutrislice’) for iPhone and Android, PDFs that can be printed, and more.
To download the Nutrislice App: Apple Store or Google Play.
2140 Bauer Road
Jenison, MI 49428
Phone: (616) 457-2400
Fax: (616) 667-2119
We do not accept unsolicited faxed advertisements
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.